LG U+ Visual Identity
is one of the major telecommunication companies in Korea.
I was in charge of the visual identity redesign project. The company rebuilt
the brand essence and wanted to refresh the brand image through renewing the
My team’s goals were renewing the graphic motif and making a more flexible
visual guide system.
The company didn’t want to change the brand name, signature colour or basic style.
So we suggested a new brand identity while maintaining basic elements.
We conducted research in
various ways including an employee survey, interviews and various case studies.
Problems & Solutions
Through the research, we found problems with the
current visual identity.
- Current graphic motif is too
complicated, hard to apply to any
products or applications.
- Signature color is too strong, distracts people from more important information.
- Existing design is too old-fashioned.
- Make simple and flexible graphic motif.
- Use only one signature color for one element.
- Make alternative motif and visual systems that support the main graphic motif.